New Countdown (Third Edition) is a carefully structured and graded mathematics course comprising eight books from pre-primary to class 5. The pattern followed in the entire series ensures development in all areas of a child’s growth through basic, multi-focal knowledge, emphasizing number skills and mathematical concepts.
Key features (Pre-Primary to Class 5):
- Specific learning objectives, Maths Flash, and key mathematical vocabulary are listed at the beginning of each chapter
- Clear presentation of key mathematical concepts
- Integration of concepts and their application in real-life situations
- Solved examples of all concepts
- Colourful illustrations and photographs supplement explanations
- Practice exercises offer ample reinforcement of concepts
- Challenge and Maths Champ features offer challenging questions
- Mind Bender puzzles create additional interest in the topics
- Important information and learning tips are provided under the headings: Note, Remember, Quick Reference, Do you know, Hint, and Important
- Fun Activities are used to make the subject interesting
- Maths Lab Activities to help build concepts through different activities
Books 6, 7, and 8 have been revised to make them even more interesting and student-friendly.