The fourth edition of New Oxford Social Studies for Pakistan is a thorough course comprising seven textbooks including two pre-primary and five primary level books. Developed along the guidelines of the National Curriculum of Pakistan, the course covers varied topics ranging from history, geography, civics, culture, sociology, economics, and religion.
It teaches essential life skills and inspires learners to become responsible citizens. It emphasizes critical-thinking, problem-solving, and inquiry-based learning. This edition has:
- A new layout with refreshing design
- Revised content translating student learning outcomes
- Interesting facts in the ‘Did you know?’ sections
- Ideas for research and activities in the ‘Things you can do’ sections
- Work pages at the end of each lesson to reinforce knowledge